Now it is Hunter's turn to start his ER visits for injuries...his first but we all know will not be the last. He is so busy, independent and trying to be as big as his older sister and brother...Last night he was carrying the step ladder into the kitchen to get his sister lipstick of the counter, when it collapsed on him, his hand was stuck in the side...he was laying on top with his hand crushed in the middle. I walked in the door to Kirsten, telling me Hunter is hurt bad, and of course Hunter was screaming. Curtis took one look at me and said it is bad, (if Dad thinks it is bad, it is BAD)I immediately grab Hunter and said lets go it is 7:30 and the urgent cares close at 8pm, I don't want to end up in the ER. We ended up in the ER anyways, 2 hours later after x-rays, exams, the wound dressing expert, we were sent home with no cast!! Thank goodness, it would have been a long summer...
Here is the lovely black gauze wrap he is suppose to keep on for several days, (ya, right), and then if he still won't use his fingers, get new x-rays when it is not so swollen. He thinks this is a football and keeps punching everyone.Today, we went to follow up with our pediatrician since I work there to see what they thought, I was a little worried to take off the dressing thinking it would be worse. When his dressing was removed his hand looked great the swelling was way less, bruised a little worse but all in all much improvement, he favored his hand for a couple minutes then forgot about it and only lets out a cry every now and then...He has a couple band aids over the abrasion and is back to his crazy self running through the house trying to climb the walls!! Kids are so resilient, it is amazing!!
4 comments:
I am so sorry! Don't we love the emergency room. I am glad he is okay. I hope you don't have too many more.
You've got to love little boys. They are so stinkin tough. I'm glad it wasn't any worse. Hope he gets better soon!
This is not Karsten, it is Tara, but I am on his account. Sounds like we had a similar night! I just finished adding some pictures of Julia's beat up face from last night.
I love that Hunter was using his fist as a boxing glove. Sounds about right! Poor tiny tot :(
Kelly, my little sister Meredith told me she saw you in the ER, so I thought I would try and find you through the blogging world and here you are. Your family is so cute!! We need to catch up, and I can't bring myself to start a blog. Everyone is trying to talk me into it, we will see what happens. But, I am so glad I found you. A whole flood of memories comes to mind-ha! love ya, Mandy Gardner
Post a Comment