This posting is a little late, I had to get the pictures from Jessica's camera so I could post them.
A couple weeks back Brad, Jessica, Wyatt, Kirsten, Hunter, and I headed out to Rexburg for the weekend to spend some time with Grandpa and Grandma Beckley and all of our relatives. The kids love to ride horses when we are there so of course Jessica and I went out and bought them Cowboy boots and hats for the weekend.
Now Hunter is a true cowboy and wants to wear his everywhere, we were walking out of daycare last week and Hunter saw a man walking in wearing a straw hat, tan shorts (not cowboy style) and Hunter looked up at him and said, "Hi, COWBOY" and continued to head for the car. The man was laughing hysterically!!
So here are some high lights of our good old trip to Rexburg...4 long hours in the car wearing cowboy boots...
Hunter getting a little Crazy...He hates car rides!

Finally to Grandpa's House, ready to go ride horses...

Wyatt and Kirsten...

First up on the horse is Hunter and he is impressed, he was ready to stay on for the night...

Kirsten went second, what a cowgirl...

Then it was Wyatt's turn, he would have rather been driving the tractor or 4-wheeler...

At Grandpa's it is like a theme park with rides, Hunter is taking a ride with Grandma on the lawn mower...

Wyatt finally gets to drive his tractor...

And Kirsten is off to riding Wyatt's 4 wheeler...

Wyatt riding his 4 wheeler...

Thursday evening Kirsten put on a show for all of us...she sang some love songs to us...

Thursday morning, we took balloons out to the cemetery for Kristi. We always try to get together on October 17 and June 12 to remember Kristi, the kids usually let balloons go to heaven to her , sometimes the kids write messages or draw pictures for her on the balloons. Today, as we were driving to the cemetery the kids were asking a lot of questions about how Aunt Kristi died, obviously they are to young to understand so I tried explaining that she had gotten sick and went to live with Heavenly Father. Kirsten and Wyatt started speculating why...Wyatt decided she had died because she had ran in the road and her finger had got hit by a car...Kirsten piped up and said, NOOOO, I know why because she didn't eat her dinner so she got sick and died. Poor little Hunter, just kept repeating Kristi died. As you can see on the picture they are all wondering how she got in the headstone...and why she is in there??? It was so precious to hear all of there innocent questions and thoughts. The best thing was letting balloons go to Aunt Kristi, we watch them for as long as we can see them...the kids get so excited...We miss you and love you, Aunt Kristi!!

Later in the evening the rides begin again...here is Hunter roping whatever is in his path...

Grandpa, Kirsten, and Hunter riding horses again...

Grandpa figured out the easy way to ride horses with grandkids...Hunter was in heaven since no one was getting tired of pulling him around.

Hunter not wanting to leave his horse...

We attempted a rodeo, it only lasted for about an hour and the kids were done, so we headed back home!

Hunter riding the 4-wheeler...after he got a chance to ride this he would have lived on it...
A couple weeks back Brad, Jessica, Wyatt, Kirsten, Hunter, and I headed out to Rexburg for the weekend to spend some time with Grandpa and Grandma Beckley and all of our relatives. The kids love to ride horses when we are there so of course Jessica and I went out and bought them Cowboy boots and hats for the weekend.
Now Hunter is a true cowboy and wants to wear his everywhere, we were walking out of daycare last week and Hunter saw a man walking in wearing a straw hat, tan shorts (not cowboy style) and Hunter looked up at him and said, "Hi, COWBOY" and continued to head for the car. The man was laughing hysterically!!
So here are some high lights of our good old trip to Rexburg...4 long hours in the car wearing cowboy boots...
Hunter getting a little Crazy...He hates car rides!
Finally to Grandpa's House, ready to go ride horses...
Wyatt and Kirsten...
First up on the horse is Hunter and he is impressed, he was ready to stay on for the night...
Kirsten went second, what a cowgirl...
Then it was Wyatt's turn, he would have rather been driving the tractor or 4-wheeler...
At Grandpa's it is like a theme park with rides, Hunter is taking a ride with Grandma on the lawn mower...
Wyatt finally gets to drive his tractor...
And Kirsten is off to riding Wyatt's 4 wheeler...
Wyatt riding his 4 wheeler...
Thursday evening Kirsten put on a show for all of us...she sang some love songs to us...
Thursday morning, we took balloons out to the cemetery for Kristi. We always try to get together on October 17 and June 12 to remember Kristi, the kids usually let balloons go to heaven to her , sometimes the kids write messages or draw pictures for her on the balloons. Today, as we were driving to the cemetery the kids were asking a lot of questions about how Aunt Kristi died, obviously they are to young to understand so I tried explaining that she had gotten sick and went to live with Heavenly Father. Kirsten and Wyatt started speculating why...Wyatt decided she had died because she had ran in the road and her finger had got hit by a car...Kirsten piped up and said, NOOOO, I know why because she didn't eat her dinner so she got sick and died. Poor little Hunter, just kept repeating Kristi died. As you can see on the picture they are all wondering how she got in the headstone...and why she is in there??? It was so precious to hear all of there innocent questions and thoughts. The best thing was letting balloons go to Aunt Kristi, we watch them for as long as we can see them...the kids get so excited...We miss you and love you, Aunt Kristi!!
Later in the evening the rides begin again...here is Hunter roping whatever is in his path...
Grandpa, Kirsten, and Hunter riding horses again...
Grandpa figured out the easy way to ride horses with grandkids...Hunter was in heaven since no one was getting tired of pulling him around.
Hunter not wanting to leave his horse...
We attempted a rodeo, it only lasted for about an hour and the kids were done, so we headed back home!
Hunter riding the 4-wheeler...after he got a chance to ride this he would have lived on it...
The Best Picture of all 3 of the kids dressed like real cowboys, check out those belt buckles!!

6 comments:
Hey Kelli, Looks like fun. I'm with Hunter, I hate long car drives, too. The horse rides look so fun, I bet the kids loved it there
Kelli! I wasn't expecting to get teared up reading your blog! Seeing Kristi's headstone completely caught me off guard. I can't believe that was 7 years ago.
Those pictures are awesome. You did a great job. Fun to see "Grandpa Beckley" too.
Julia has the same pajamas as Kirstin...
Oh wow! Sooo fun to see pics of the Beckley homestead. I literally grew up in that backyard, barn and pastures. I can see the magic in those kids eyes, the same twinkle used to be in my eyes there too! I looooved riding the horses! Great post, Kel!
What cute kids Kelli. Fun to read your posts. I need to see your Mom in one of them. I keep watching for her.
How fun. I've seen your dad a few times in the last week. I think we're on the same lunch schedule because everytime I get lucky enough to get a lunch date, there he is. My boys would love to go out there. Horses and 4-wheelers, what could be better! I was telling them the other day that I rode a cow at your house back in the day. I don't think they believed me!
hey kelli, it's rachel (leslie's sister). it was really fun for me to see these pics too. your dad is cute and it looks like grandchild heaven there.
the kids comments about kristi were funny. i think about her sometimes and wonder how you all have been since that happened. it's wonderful that you still memorialize her and let the kids get to know her through your stories.
Post a Comment